Monday, January 25, 2010

Sunday/Monday 12am-2am



The previous time slot was mixed up between me and another student, so I was forced to go into this slot.

The person prior to me had reassembled the bike and had added the word, "Complete." Seeing how fitting it was for the project to end in a similar way that started, I decided to add my own take onto the return of the original bike's form. I noticed that one of the words that still remained was "Evolved," and so I wondered what was so "Evolved" about the bike now. I then thought it would be interesting if I were to add on to the bike's returned form but add a little bit of irony and comedy to the mix. So, I decided to gather a bunch of duck tape and newspaper, and tried to half-jokingly patch up the broken bike and some of its parts. The previous person had assembled the form together, but I added newspaper to the rims of the wheels and then surrounded the wheels with ducktape so that they would bounce (almost) like rubber. One of the other wheels was broken, so I used ducktape and newspaper to reassemble it into its wheel shape. I also ducktaped certain areas in the frame and around the seat, and then I topped it off with a "FOR SALE" sign. I then replaced "Evolved" with "Regressed," as the bike, while still "Complete" in its own way, had regressed from its original, well-designed form into a makeshift joke.




No comments:

Post a Comment