Saturday, January 23, 2010

Erin Hall, Saturday 12 PM - 2 PM










My idea was to create something that had a function, which was inspired by the metal of the (once bike tire) wheel. I decided to create a structure that was similar to a tree using the step ladder as a way to suspend the piece, and incorporating the bike skeleton as *tree branches* to hang the chain and tire wheel from. I scattered some dirt and leaves to give it an outdoor effect, along with a lovely little rock and mug that another art student/students brought in. The words when I began this adventure were; White, Suspended, and Spewing. When I finished I converted the word Spewing to Swinging. I believe that this is not what I envisioned, but I believe that with the time restraints, limited supplies, along with the difficulty in altering the metal frame structure, yes it could have been better but at the same time, it could have been worse. I did enjoy the process, and felt there was an energy of freedom and child-like enthusiasm that I have never encountered before with a Foundations project. I really hope that despite some broken rules we continue to have similar projects, especially ones that can evoke the same stream of mental stimulation I had during the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment