Saturday, January 23, 2010

Andrea Keim, The Bike 2-4 pm Saturday, Trapped


I went to repo to get what I could, and ended up with a massive amount of foam cut outs covered in plaster and sheer fabric. I used both to make a sort of cage for the "bike." One half was of fabric, like a canopy (used the bike wheel rim to support the fabric) and the other was a semi-circle wall of plaster covered foam, which was on black fabric. The large pieces of the bike I made into a creature that was chained to the rest of the smaller bike remnants. I then scattered pine needles on the white half of the square to provide contrast to the white bike parts. Through the use of both the bike chain and the cage like structure the bike was "trapped" in the square which was my intended word.

No comments:

Post a Comment