Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Bike (6:00-8:00)

After documenting Garrett Borden’s attempt at the bike sculpture, I decided to first remove the vulgar addition along with the wooden plank it was attached to. I also removed the string that was “constricting” the piece. My first idea was to take a golf club I got from repo and a hammer and begin smashing it. Quickly I realized I would not be able to do much damage to the project without hurting myself as well. Instead I took the claw end of the hammer and began bending the spokes. I also added bubble wrap that I got from repo and covered certain parts of the bike with them to add texture and a new material. Since the class is all about recycling I took the sting used in Garrett’ s sculpture before me to secure the bubble wrap instead of using glue or tape or another material to keep it attached.

The words Garrett used were pink, mechanical, and constricted. I changed constricted to bent.

1
2
3
4
5
6

No comments:

Post a Comment