Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Garrett Borden 4:00

I came in to work on my project early since no one was before me. I started at 3:00. I found the project vandalized today. Some time between Chris's alterations and mine the piece received some obscure additions. I removed these additions with the exception of one. I put the bike seat over this piece to make my picture uploads appropriate.

I chose to alter the bike by binding it with white string. I wanted it to look chaotic so I randomly interlaced the string throughout the pieces of the bike sculpture. I explored a lot of different areas of the bike threading the string through little holes I found every where on the bike including on the tire rim and pedals. I tried to pull the strings as tightly as possible so it would look bound up.

Before I altered the bike sculpture it was described by PINK, MARINE, and MECHANICAL. After my alterations, the bike seemed to least represent MARINE, so I changed that word to CONSTRICTED.

Here are some before during and after pictures courtesy of Kristen Spratford.

before
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8

No comments:

Post a Comment