Sunday, January 24, 2010

Saturday 8pm-10pm



From observing what the girl before me did, the simplistic and geometric elements of it stood out to me. However, I felt like I needed to bring in more of the bike back into the work. When I looked at all the materials that were being used and that had been used, swept up in piles and scattered around the room, I noticed the relationships that each of the parts had with each other. I saw all the different angles they created, and so decided this would be the new element I was going to bring into the piece -angularity. I decided to add wood sticks left over from the bridge project and a dismembered doll, and used all other materials that I found around the room. The relationship between the natural parts -soil, wood, suggested human form, and the metal and rubbery bike parts was very interesting to me.


































No comments:

Post a Comment