Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Bike, 10pm-Midnight (updated with photos)





Since I documented Denzel's work session, I was able to see the direction in which he was going with the bicycle. We have often talked about collaborating to some degree, and this seemed as good a time as any.

I wanted to anthropomorphize the bike after seeing the changes that Denzel had made to it just before I started my time slot. It seemed that if I were a bike, and was then cut up and re molded numerous times as this bike was, I would be pretty upset about it, so I went with making an angry demi-bike person. I really liked the mechanistic personality Denzel had started to give it, calling it "Kewbert", so I basically ran with that, and gave him a bit of character.

Bent spokes functioned as eyebrows, while the rubber seat, with some modifications, and a few screws, served as a nose, ears were reflectors screwed onto a wooden panel, and so on. I added some spray paint (yellow and pink) to the original metallic blue finish, giving Kewbert the "bike" all the trappings of a lemonade stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment