Thursday, January 21, 2010

Hallie Kistler (8-10)





















When I first arrived I really enjoyed Courtney's piece she'd created and did not know what I could do next. I fooled around with it for about a half hour taking away and leaving some parts and then became really fascinated with the string that was there for some reason..I was connecting parts of the sculpture to other parts, adding other parts to be connected (connection was my original intention for my word). Chris Lange came along to help document what I was doing, he ended up helped me notice what my piece was in reality heading towards; when stepping back I finally noticed how obvious it was. My piece happened to look very, well, sexual. I think it can be seen in how the bike seat hanging behind the two rubber tires, the way it is gives an illusion. I ended up being pretty happy with my piece, I thought it was a great project!


No comments:

Post a Comment