Thursday, January 21, 2010

the bike 8:00-10:00 pm





I knew that the bike would be disassembled, and while thinking about it, I decided that I wanted to make it more cohesive and complete than it was when I found it. I knew that I had a huge roll of heavy duty packing tape in my room, so I thought that it would be easy to just wrap the tape around it, almost like a tape cocoon. On finally seeing the bike, however, I questioned the roll of tape I held in my hand. It was in more pieces than I remembered, but I decided to go ahead and cover the remaining main bike piece with heavy duty packing tape. Once I finished the roll of tape, I took random pieces of the remnants of the bike and stuck them into the tape to come up with a more finished sculpture of a whole bike, but completely different than in the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment