Sunday, February 28, 2010

Topography Map









For my topography map project, I decided to use the paper that we were supposed to collect, and just attach it to cardboard. It took like 20 hours alone for me to map out all of the contour lines, as I chose to make a grid and do them exact, by measuring them all out. I then measured out all of the contour lines heights, and ended up going to such a small scale that I was measuring millimeters. I attached the paper to the gridded contour lines with hot glue.
For the finish, I was originally going to paint all of it in primary colors and draw child like figures on it, since all of my paper had worksheets from a fourth grade classroom, I figured I could go with an elementary school theme. I ended up going black and white last minute though.
My topography map representation turned out to be 20 inches by 20 inches.

No comments:

Post a Comment