Sunday, February 28, 2010

Topographical map- Kait


While researching for maps I decided to pick a location that I knew little about. I had the intension of researching about my place and incorporate in into my art work.

I selected Lesotho, Africa.
the Information that I used was about their homes that are dome shaped and that their income was primarily diamonds.

However,
My map turned out to be a precipitation map.

Instead of going with the theme of Earth I stretched my piece into a water theme.

I found the part of the map that was outlined to be diamond shaped and because household and income are closely related I decided to place a dome (house) on a square platform (diamond income) with a blue light on the inside of the dome.
I used the lines on the map to create light airy forms that went around the dome on different levels.
The pieces were differed from one and other with stitching

I was not very please with the outcome, i had it pictured differently.
But I found some parts of it beautiful, like when the blue light shone though the delicate blanket stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment