Sunday, February 14, 2010

Barbie.


Here is my project.
It Starts from the bottom and works its way up.
Enjoy :)


Last but not least, this is the sad, sad, destruction of Barbie.
I'm not going to lie, I wanted to keep her.

They look so small in comparison.

This is the completed product.


In the end I chose to cover my barbie with typical ads of "skinny and beautiful" woman.
I also chose to accentuate her hips and her breasts and make them larger.
Seeing as that is the "perfect girl" figure.

At first I placed this piece of paper on my barbie without even noticing it.
My friend quickly pointed it out and we laughed a lot.
Then I decided it actually went along very well with the "theme" of my whole project.
So I kept it there. :)

Almost there...


With 8 foot legs and a 4 foot torso this process took a while.


Next step: Paper mache.


Needless to say I was happy to be done with the chicken wire part.
So this is me loving on Barbie.

So then we had to take our objects and blow them up 20x's the size.
So I figured chicken wire and paper mache would be the best way to do this.


Yay its done!

Its not finished yet but pretty close.

This is the start of a very messy project.
We had to create a perfect replica of our objects out of plasticine.


So ten minutes... and this is the object I found.
A headless barbie doll.



Overall I loved this project.
I hit a few rough patches but it seemed to work out.
I had a lot of fun working with new materials and figuring everything out.

No comments:

Post a Comment