Friday, February 26, 2010

Topographical map (Kristen Spratford)













I really enjoyed this project. I did not do as well as I wanted on my past project's presentation so I really wanted to impress with the topographical map. I thought the blocks with paper under the actual map would show the ground under the map. It was almost like a chunk of the Earth was being taken out of the ground where my map was. It came out very interesting and I was very proud of it. I used phone books as the main material because it adds texture to the piece and made it more aesthetically pleasing. The scale for this piece is each page equals a meter. The first 12 layers are all 20 pieces of paper (20 meters), while the top 4 sections are 50 pieces of paper (50 meters). The blocks being glass made the presentation that much more unique because the audience could see each layer (or piece of paper) as it was raising to the map. If I could do it all over I would sort all the papers in the blocks by color to show the different elements in the earth. Overall I was really happy with how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment