Thursday, February 25, 2010

Topographical (Nate)



Lego Maniac!




So, I really wanted to try a crazy, new, fun appoarch. I did so by
constructing my map out of LEGOS! Now I knew the contour lines weren't gonna be exact given that it would be cube like, but still wanted a "new" approach. (from those made out of cardboard, paper and really defined contour lines) Anyway I started by sorting the legos by color and ones that had that "cubed" effect. I thought all was going good, thought I had enough material and stuff, then got to that point of making the most of, and rebuilt some parts of the map. Still wasnt enough so I sacraficed some of my legos (and fingers) and cut some up!


Now that the piece is done, and we/I have reflected upon it, I realize that yeah it wasn't probably the best/sutible material for this project and may not have represented my map well, but I feel it was presented well, and the appoarch was cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment